Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tire Recommendations
01-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Tire Recommendations
My '14 Vintage will new tread soon, go with OEM tires or any other suggestions are welcomed. I live in Louisiana so snow is not an issue and I rarely ride in rain.

Chris Lee
US Army Vet '83-'91
2014 Indian Vintage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 05:45 AM
RE: Tire Recommendations
I really like the michelin commander 2's on my 03 chief. They are supposed to get alot more mileage so I have already bought a set for the chieftain for first replacement.
01-10-2015, 07:50 AM
(01-10-2015 05:45 AM)Uplander Wrote:  I really like the michelin commander 2's on my 03 chief. They are supposed to get alot more mileage so I have already bought a set for the chieftain for first replacement.
Kevin, thanks. they have great reviews.

Chris Lee
US Army Vet '83-'91
2014 Indian Vintage
01-10-2015, 10:51 AM
I went with OEM replacements...It was just a convenience factor involved only and an issue that snuck up on me quickly...I took it in for a 10000 mile oil change, they checked the tires and told me I would need a set around the next oil change because they had started to cup a little....Things got worse quick...After another 500 miles I developed a little wobble at low speed...I called them up to make an appointment for a new set...While riding he Bike up to appointment and wobble kept getting worse and worse....Wow...I was lucky...That thing looked like someone had took a sander to it...Had cord showing...Next time I notice any cupping at all I will get another set immediately!!
01-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Had the dunlop d3's on the crosscountry also they did like cupping on the front tire. ALso did not get the mileage you are supposed tog et with the commander 2's. I have a friend with a road king and he got 15k on back tire of it with the commander 2's.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Uplander's post:
rockarosa (01-12-2015)
01-22-2015, 06:00 PM
As a suggestion from my v-twin mechanic who has worked on bikes over 40 years, he told me to run 2# more in my tires: I am a believer, have got over 20,000 on 406 & 408 tires on Harley and same on Dunlop Americans. Maybe Mfr. suggest tire pressure so they will wear out sooner.
01-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Have been using the Mettzlers for years, a little on the soft side, which is good for grip, but only get about 10,000 max out of them