Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I gotta go take a leak
01-29-2015, 12:02 AM
I gotta go take a leak
aw crap...
I meant... I gotta go FIX a leak.
My primary, that is.
Bike never had a leak before. and the strange thing is, It hadn't been started in a couple months, then all of a sudden, just sittin there, it decided to drip out several ounces of primary oil.
I haven't got underneath it yet with a rag and flashlight to try and see where its coming from.
I had my primary off to change out to chain drive, and another time to strip the black powder coat off it, so it may be a gasket I pinched or shouldv'e replaced.
I'll report back when I got something to report
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes darkrider's post:
KC Cheef (01-29-2015)
01-29-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: I gotta go take a leak
You sure it's not coming from the crankcase vent tube? You said you haven't started in several months....This will happen when a Gilroy sits...There is a spring with a ball bearing inside...The bearing backs off letting oil escape....Happens to me often with the 2000 chief from sitting....Once I ride it again it seals back off and life is good!!
02-02-2015, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 05:23 PM by Charles Kelly.)
(01-29-2015 12:02 AM)darkrider Wrote:  aw crap...
I meant... I gotta go FIX a leak.
My primary, that is.
Bike never had a leak before. and the strange thing is, It hadn't been started in a couple months, then all of a sudden, just sittin there, it decided to drip out several ounces of primary oil.
I haven't got underneath it yet with a rag and flashlight to try and see where its coming from.
I had my primary off to change out to chain drive, and another time to strip the black powder coat off it, so it may be a gasket I pinched or shouldv'e replaced.
I'll report back when I got something to report

I'll give you 10.00 for that bike. No paint and now it leaks all over the place.

(01-29-2015 10:47 AM)rockarosa Wrote:  You sure it's not coming from the crankcase vent tube? You said you haven't started in several months....This will happen when a Gilroy sits...There is a spring with a ball bearing inside...The bearing backs off letting oil escape....Happens to me often with the 2000 chief from sitting....Once I ride it again it seals back off and life is good!!

That only happens on the ss bikes.
02-08-2015, 12:28 AM
ck is right. theres no check valve on the km's.
Its definetly trans or primary. I could tell by the color.
I still haven't got underneath it yet. and todays weather was awesome. I took advantage of it and installed some tie-down anchors in my new trailer.

$10
come get it ck.
I think its still got some river mud on it
02-28-2015, 07:32 PM
still aint touched it. I'm lazy, and now its cold outside and snowing
03-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Do the rocker box cover hoses connect together into a T?
gilroy used a plastic connector that was known on occasion to melt down and let the oil collect until it would decide to dump.
03-17-2015, 09:27 AM
it's transmission fluid. appears to be the seal on the output shaft.
I hate removing the primary and the drive sprocket. pita!
at least it looks like I won't have to remove the transmission.
03-17-2015, 07:38 PM
well fart.
this is far as I'm gonna get tonight.
I forgot to bring home a inch and a half socket from work.
I tell ya something else that's gonna happen while I'm at it....I'm gonna take my primary back to black.
I removed the powder coat awhile back, but now I'm over it.
that's the biggest thing that bugs me about my km. that harley looking primary and trans

[Image: 20150317_193227_zpsad20aad3.jpg]