Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bentley
01-15-2015, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 05:33 PM by rickkcir.)
The Bentley
With less than 1,000 units produced from 2009 to 2013 , and with a list price ranging from 26k to 36k , you won't find these on every corner.

Beautiful bikes, that leveraged the '03 Gilroys from a design , and one could argue motor, perspective. True works of art......Possibly the nicest Indians produced to date

But them I'm biased Smile

p.s. If you see a low mileage , excellent condition Silver Bomber .. let me know
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes rickkcir's post:
KC Cheef (01-15-2015)
01-15-2015, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 08:09 PM by KC Cheef.)
RE: The Bentley
Definitely a limited edition of an Indian Motorcycle.
It would be interesting to know how many were actually produced and sold.
It would be interesting to know how many remained in the US and how many made their way overseas.
It WILL be interesting to see if the KM bikes will be ridden or if parts availability will take them off the road.
Here is one you might try it is listed as new.
I would guess if they still have it they would be willing to deal at this point.
http://www.cheapcarsforsalebyowner.us/us...mber/2010/

At one time They had a silver bomber in the Wichita dealership.
She had the heart tattoo on her leg.
That would definitely be one to try to track down as there is some interesting folklore on them.

This one seems to have gone at a reasonable price. Brand new with 12 miles.
Missed it by 1 month or so.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indian-Chief-Bom...rmvSB=true
Find all posts by this user
01-15-2015, 10:27 PM
We have hashed this to death. Some feel they were priced right for the market - I on the other hand feel they were grossly overpriced. Nothing will ever be resolved because doing so would require time to turn back and it ain't gonna happen.

Having said that, I talked to a friend of mine last year who has had all 3 generations of the bikes. (G, KM, P) When I asked him how he likes his spanky new ride, he sorta hemmed and hawed and then finally stated matter of fact.

"All things being what they are, I would take the KM bike a 1,000 out of a 1,000 times. It was the best riding, best handling bike I ever owned. But I got scared about parts and availability and figured it best to dump it while I could"

I will give them this. The KM bikes were IMO the nicest looking of them all hands down. Really really pretty machines.

Still, ungodly expensive. Smile

Home to the POW/MIA Indian Chief and the Indian Rally on Indian Point
01-16-2015, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2015 08:22 AM by rickkcir.)
Missed that Silver Bomber on eBay. That's my price point. Had I seen that auction, I'd been in the fight.

The search continues. ......

And Mike, I agree with your buddy on most counts. I however do believe the Chieftain handles better, but in all fairness it has less rake which attributes to that
01-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Yeah, if they would have went with a fairing model it would have been interesting to see how they did head to head.

Home to the POW/MIA Indian Chief and the Indian Rally on Indian Point
01-16-2015, 08:43 AM
I'm surprised no one has adapted a Chieftain fairing to an SL Classic yet...... crossed my mind. Or put a rake kit on an otherwise stock chieftain
01-16-2015, 09:59 AM
Out on the highway I still favor the Gilroy Vintage.
Might be because I have so many miles on him and just used to him.
The Gilroy Vintage is a nice ride out on the highway but a pig in town. I figure though that size bike should live out on the highway.
The '09 KM I rode was a good ride but like all motorcycles it had its warts and shortfall.