Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love My Scout
02-08-2015, 08:31 AM
RE: Love My Scout
(02-02-2015 05:20 PM)Charles Kelly Wrote:  I would think the paint is a big complaint. And how many bikes have that problem?

I honestly Don't Know but bet if said 500 that would be on Low side of How many actually affected .. Still Love it it Runs Great but as stated in another Thread No Clue how long it will be before get a Replacement Tank ..

[Image: 000olustee_zps8twceyud.jpg]

2015 Indian Scout , 2012 Victory Cross Country
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JayFL459's post:
rockarosa (02-12-2015)
02-20-2015, 06:01 AM
Almost 2600 Miles on it Now and Running Great .. Still No Word on when might receive the New Gas Tank .. Bassani has come out with a prototype 2:1 Exhaust am liking time will tell if will be seeing these on mine .. Have also added the Classic Deuce Windshield from Memphis Shades for less than 1/2 what they want for their $450.00 OEM Shield ..

[Image: 000ClassicDeuce_zpsiqjgdbbb.jpg]

[Image: 000A2525_zpstrcz7dtz.jpg]

[Image: 000suwanee_zpsj2bblwns.jpg]

2015 Indian Scout , 2012 Victory Cross Country
06-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Bobcat's getting a new tank to address the same problem but it will be a while before the dealer gets it. He said that paint issue is causing the delays in bike deliverys. Another thing you may want to get is a spare key. They are only available at the dealer, so if you lose yours on the road the locksmith cant make you a replacement. And, the key number they give you with the 'spare' key you get when you buy the bike is just a 'number' that isn't tracked or linked to a key profile. Hence the only way to make or get another key is to use your original to make you copies. trust me, been there done that on the side of the road.
06-14-2015, 11:16 AM
I had waited paitiently for them to get me another tank. I have a guy lined up to paint on my Scout ... what it is you will just have to wait & see.
I am about to go balistic because I am running out of time tho, cause the guy is moving out of town in Oct. & Indian needs to get off their butt & send me another tank... soon this is an ongoing situation. I am thinking of just asking Indian too PAY for a Paint job by a local to fix the damage.
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2015, 12:28 PM
(06-14-2015 11:16 AM)Bobcat Wrote:  I am thinking of just asking Indian too PAY for a Paint job by a local to fix the damage.

BWAHAHAHA! Good luck with that one. I will be stunned if they even respond to you at all. TERRIBLE company and customer service.

Home to the POW/MIA Indian Chief and the Indian Rally on Indian Point
06-17-2015, 12:54 PM
Yes its true mine did that within a week of ownership Contacted my dealer & still waiting for a replacement tank.
The bubbles on mine finally popped so I put a sticker over it to prevent further damage
Sad

(01-30-2015 08:24 AM)JayFL459 Wrote:  Well the Paint Rumor is true as I can verify it myself .. Started out as a few bubbles then peeled .. But Pulled the Gas Cap and all is well there so was not due to Gas Seepage .. Took it to the Dealer Yesterday and Filed a Claim just have to wait now but am sure will be resolved but how long it takes time will tell .. Still Runs Great and can live with this small paint defect until get a New Tank .. 2350 Trouble Free ( Except Paint ) Miles Now ..

[Image: 000PaintDefect_zps0uryruoh.jpg]

Its not a rumor Mine had been that way since a week after I had got mine. The bubble had popped I contacted my dealer & He said to "Paint the hole wih MODLE PAINT to prevent any more damage." SAY WHAT ???
I put a small sticker on mine where the bubbles were. Ive been waiting since Jan for a replacement. NOT GOOD INDIAN.

I keep bugging them they know me now! I love my Scout BUt that department does suck. They are getting to know me really well in the C.S Depart.. grrrrrrr assholes.

(06-16-2015 12:28 PM)Hunters Friend Wrote:  
(06-14-2015 11:16 AM)Bobcat Wrote:  I am thinking of just asking Indian to PAY for a Paint job by a local to fix the damage.

BWAHAHAHA! Good luck with that one. I will be stunned if they even respond to you at all. TERRIBLE company and customer service.
Quote this message in a reply